Munich Airport’s terminal 1 contains several security checkpoints distributed in the terminal. Depending on the allocation and passenger loads the several checkpoints face various loads throughput the day, which may lead to an imbalanced demand.
Munich Airport had already introduced a sensor system, providing live data regarding the current queueing and waiting time situation at all checkpoints. This already enables to react on long queues and support a short-term queue management. In order to optimize the terminal resource disposition Munich Airport was looking for a system that allows to:
- use the existing sensor data and actual flight schedules
- predict the short term demand,
- prepare for upcoming queueing situations,
- pro-actively plan staffing and
- avoid long queues and ensure high passenger quality